ABOUT THE BIBLE
- The Bible is God's written revelation to man, and thus the 66 books of the Bible given to us by the Holy Spirit constitute the plenary (inspired equally in all parts) Word of God (1CORINTHIANS 2:7-14; 2PETER 1:20-21).
- The Bible constitutes the only infallible rule of faith and practice (MATTHEW 5:18; 24:35; JOHN 10:35; 16:12-13; 17:17; 1CORINTHIANS 2:13; 2TIMOTHY 3:15-17; HEBREWS 4:12; 2PETER 1:20-21).
- There may be several applications of any given passage of Scripture, there is but one true interpretation. The meaning of Scripture is to be found as one diligently applies the literal grammatical-historical method of interpretation under the enlightenment of the Holy Spirit (JOHN 7:17; 16:12-15; 1CORINTHIANS 2:7-15; 1JOHN 2:20). It is the responsibility of believers to ascertain carefully the true intent and meaning of Scripture, recognizing that proper application is binding on all generations. Yet the truth of Scripture stands in judgment of men; never do men stand in judgment of it.
- Sin All people have sinned and therefore fall short of the glory of God. (ROMANS 3:23)
- Separation Our sin has caused a separation between us and Goda separation which needs reconciled. (ROMANS 5:10)
- Condemnation Our sin(s), no matter how small or large we may consider them, condemn us to an eternity in hell. (ROMANS 6:23)
- Bible The Bible is the inerrant Word of God and is absolute in the truth it contains. It is the only book that holds the only solution to our sin problem. (2TIMOTHY 3:15)
- Works All of our good works, merit, effort, rituals, and religion cannot cure our sin problem and restore our severed relationship with God. (EPHESIANS 2:8,9)
- Incarnation To restore this broken relationship with the Father we must believe that Jesus of Nazareth is God incarnate (in the flesh). (JOHN 8:24)
- Sacrifice To restore this broken relationship with the Father we must believe that Jesus Christ is the perfect substitutionary sacrifice for our sins and that He has paid the price for that sin by His death on the cross. (HEBREWS 9:22)
- Only To restore this broken relationship with the Father we must believe that Jesus Christ is the only way back to the Father and not one of many ways. (JOHN 14:6)
- Confess To restore this broken relationship with the Father we must confess with our mouth Jesus is Lord. This means Jesus is now the new master of our lives and we are not. (ROMANS 10:9,10)
- Believe To restore this broken relationship with the Father we must believe in our hearts that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is a true historical event. (ROMANS 10:9,10)
- Repent The result of a life transformed in Christ is one of repentance where we make a constant effort to turn away from our sins. (MARK 1:15)
ABOUT ETERNAL SECURITY
- All the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God's power and are thus secure in Christ forever (JOHN 5:24; 6:37-40; 10:27-30; ROMANS 5:9-10; 8:1, 31-39; 1CORINTHIANS 1:4-8; EPHESIANS 4:30; HEBREWS 7:25; 13:5; 1PETER 1:5; JUDE 24).
- It is the privilege of believers to rejoice in the assurance of their salvation through the testimony of God's Word, which, however, clearly forbids the use of Christian liberty as an occasion for sinful living and carnality (ROMANS 6:15-22; 13:13-14; GALATIANS 5:13, 25-26; TITUS 2:11-14).
- We embrace the Biblical authority that a marriage in the eyes of God is only between a man and a woman. Therefore we do not approve, condone, participate in or in any way recognize any marriage that is not between one man and one woman. (GENESIS 2:22-25)